Back in November I posted a preview of the classes I’ll be teaching at The Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School in spring 2015. There have been a few changes to dates, times and/or classes being offered. The new list of my Kitchen Shoppe Spring 2015 classes is below.
As soon as The Kitchen Shoppe opens registration for the classes, I’ll put registration links on each class on the ‘Classes I’m Teaching’ page of the blog. I hope to see you at one or more of my classes!
Macarons Hands On – Wednesday, March 25, 2015 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Learning to make this delicate French cookie seems difficult and mysterious, but it doesn’t have to be. Janice will teach you how to make the delicate almond meringues, show you easy steps to making perfect macarons, teach you about the essential ingredients, and give you plenty of ideas for flavors and fillings.
- Basic Chocolate Macaron Meringues
- Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Tipsy Raspberry Filling
These Are a Few of OUR Favorite Things – Saturday, April 18, 2015 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Janice enjoys cooking solo; but she also enjoys spending time in the kitchen with her husband, Jeff. For this class, Jeff will join her in teaching and together they’ll make you some of the dishes they serve when they entertain their friends and family.
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Smoked Cheddar in Phyllo
- Mixed Greens w/ Baked Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Brown Sugar Short Ribs
- Herbed Polenta
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
- Loaded Mudslide Ice Cream
Going Barefoot in April – Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Back by popular demand, Janice will take some of her favorite recipes from television personality and cookbook author, Ina Garten – The Barefoot Contessa – and put her own unique spin on them. She’ll share some of Ina’s favorite cooking and entertaining wisdom and you’ll have a chance to share your love of going barefoot with Janice and the rest of the class!
- Smokey Lemon Hummus
- Warm Fig and Arugula Salad w/ Aromatic Vinaigrette
- Mustard Roasted Halibut w/ Dill and Crispy Prosciutto
- Pesto Orecchiette w/ Peas
- Honey Thyme Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Dark Chocolate Terrine w/ Orange Rosemary Sauce
Where in the World is Janice Groff? Mexico! – Friday, May 1, 2015 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Italian classes are wildly popular – and with good reason; however, there are many other places with exceptional foods. Join Janice as she introduces you to food from another part of the globe. With your taste buds, you’ll visit the Baha Peninsula, Oaxaca, northern Mexico, Acapulco and other Mexican destinations! The recipes from this class will allow you to bring the flavors of Mexico to your table.
- Oaxan Gold (pineapple & vanilla) Margarita & Jalapeno Margarita
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Mango and Avocado Salad w/ Blue Cheese
- Poc-Chuc (Orange Marinated Slow-Cooked Pork) w/ Pickled Onions & Oranges and Grilled Corn Tortillas
- Garlicky Cilantro Lime Rice
- Charcoal Grilled Corn w/ Crema, Cheese & Chili
- Blackberry Tart w/ Goat Cheese & Thyme
Mother’s Day with Mom – Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:00 – 4:00 pm
What better way to celebrate Mothers’ Day with Mom than to let someone else do the cooking and, better yet, the clean up? Bring your mom or “borrow” Janice’s mom, who will be joining her in teaching this class! They’ll share their love of cooking and some delicious recipes with you.
- Brandied Shrimp Bisque w/ Shrimp and Herb Garnish
- Spring Pea Salad w/ Edible Flowers
- Torte Milanese on a Cloud of Butter and White Wine Sauce
- Chocolate Espresso Pot de Crème
- Orange Lamingtons
- Tea du Jour (to be determined)
Girlz with Grillz – Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:00 – 4:00 pm
Grilling is NOT just for guys . . . grab a girlfriend and join Janice! She’ll teach you about one of her new passions – cooking with fire! You’re sure to enjoy your time around the grill with good friends and great food.
- Maple Planked Brie w/ Roasted Grapes and Fire Grilled Crostini
- Grilled Romaine Salad w/ Strawberries and Blue Cheese
- OBX Pasta w/ Grilled Clams
- Lemon and Prosciutto-Stuffed Pork Loin
- Grilled Broccoli w/ Spicy Lime Butter
- Warm Chocolate Rosemary Pudding