Ok, admit it, the title got your attention, right? I have a confession to make….I’ve not flown first class…but I do want to tell you about my upcoming classes at The Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School and needed a clever way to catch your attention!
So, now that I’ve admitted to scamming you [please forgive me], I’ll get to it!
If you want to see a list of all the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 cooking classes at KS, this will help! If you want a brief idea of what I’m teaching, read on. For a list of my current and past classes, this link will take you there.
My first class of the semester on September 12th is BRING A FRIEND TO ITALY and is a great value because it’s two for the price of one. The description and menu are as follows:
- Formaggio in Crosta (Gorgonzola Cheese in Puff Pastry)
- Scrippelle in Brodo (Crepes in Broth)
- Insalata di Funghi Tiepida (Warm Mushroom Salad)
- Pollo Arrosto al Rosmarino e Arancia (Roast Chicken w/Rosemary & Orange)
- Rigatoni con Cavolfiori e Uvetta (Rigatoni w Cauliflower& Golden Raisins)
- Torta di Noci al Caffè (Walnut & Coffee Cake)
For more information and/or to register for Bring a Friend to Italy.
Next up are two classes on the same day – October 14th – and these are great for anyone wanting to learn more about the Big Green Egg! I’m teaching these with my boss, Dan.
First, BIG GREEN EGG 101:
- Red Chile Scallops
- Grown Up PB&J Chicken Satay
- Pulled Pork 3 Ways
- Wood-Fired Pizza
- The Fabulous Four Seared New York Strip Steak
- Grilled Pineapple w/ Gooey Nutella & Vanilla Ice Cream
For more information and/or to register for Big Green Egg 101.
Then, BIG GREEN EGG 201:
Join us for this class in our new outdoor kitchen & showroom and we’ll teach you some more in-depth techniques for using the Big Green Egg. Known as the “Ultimate Cooking Experience” the Big Green Egg (BGE) is THE choice for a single appliance that grills, smokes and bakes. In the 201 class we will share advanced cooking techniques and tips for taking maximum advantage of the BGE – for example: how to reverse sear and how to get your BGE from 0° to 600°F in 5 minutes. Come hungry – there is plenty to sample for even the heartiest of appetites. Class fee credited toward the purchase of specially priced, seasoned Big Green Eggs and 10% off all accessories the day of the event only. Hurry, class size is limited. Rain or shine!
- Wood-Fired Pizza from Start to Finish w/ Dough Demonstration
- Cedar-Wrapped Scallops w/ Orange Beurre Blanc
- Dizzy Dry-Brined Chicken Breast
- Thai Fresh Tuna Burger w/ Wasabi Mayo
- Reverse Seared New York Strip Steak
- Kahlua Chocolate Brownies a la Mode
For more information and/or to register for Big Green Egg 201.
Also in October – on the 18th – is an apple-inspired lunch and learn entitled DON’T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE LUNCH & LEARN.
Don’t sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me. I’ll share with you the perfect fall menu that celebrates the season’s most distinguished fruit.
- Tangy Apple Cranberry Salad w/ Citrus Dressing and Chia Seeds
- Creamy Maple Apple Soup
- Honeycrisp Apple & Smoked Chicken Quesadilla w/ Bacon
- Caramel Apple Tart w/ Cinnamon Whipped Cream
For more information and/or to register for Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree.
I don’t have any classes on the schedule for November and December because I’ll be working a lot in the retail section; however never fear. If you need a Groff fix, Jeff (my handsome hubby) will help you out. He and Dan will be leading a CRAFT BEER TOUR on November 4th. It should be a great day of travel, tasting and talk!
If you think only of Tony Soprano, going ‘down the shore,’ and Bruce Springsteen when someone mentions New Jersey, you’re missing out on another great thing from Jersey….craft beers! Join Jeff Groff, craft beer aficionado and your emcee for the day, and explore some of the breweries that put NJ on the map as a craft beer player. Leave your cares behind and bring a cooler and a friend for a fun day of beer talk and, more importantly, beer tasting.
- Flying Fish Brewing Company
- Eight & Sand Beer Co.
- 2SP Brewing Company
- Full hot breakfast
- Guided Tour(s)
- Packed Lunch
- Bus Driver Gratuity
This is an all-day event where tastings are not included. In consideration of the time restrictions and expediency, the $20 tasting fee must be paid before departure. We reserve the right to change the itinerary for reasons outside of our control; see website for changes.
For more information and/or to register for the Craft Beer Tour.
I pick back up with Jeff in January 2018 when we will be co-teaching a couples class. COOKING BAREFOOT WITH JEFFERY is our spin on recipes from Ina Garten’s latest cookbook ‘Cooking for Jeffrey.’ Not only are the recipes delish, but the class includes a wine tasting as well.
Jeff and I are back in the kitchen and this time we’re sharing our twist on recipes from Ina Garten’s latest book Cooking for Jeffrey. Additionally we’re pairing some of our favorite wines with each course. This class will celebrate food, wine and teamwork!
- Creamy Asparagus & Fennel Soup
- Maple-Roasted Carrot Salad
- Seared NY Strip Steak w/ Mustard & Maitakes
- Roasted Vine Tomatoes
- Root Vegetable Gratin
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Pound Cake w/ Red Wine Macerated Berries
For more information and/or to register for Cooking Barefoot with JeffERy w/ 4-Wine Flight.
Finally, I finish the semester with another fun lunch and learn on February 20th. This class – TACO TUESDAY LUNCH & LEARN – was inspired by my recent (or maybe long-time) obsession with Mexican food in general and tacos specifically.
It doesn’t have to be Tuesday to make tacos; but since it is, why not?!? This class will show you that tacos can be much more interesting than you ever imagined…and they can even be for dessert!
- Carrot & Goat Cheese Taco w/ Red Beet Tortilla
- Pork Carnitas Tacos w/ Salsa Verde Marmalade
- “Quickle” – Quick Pickled Veggies
- Bittersweet Chocolate Dessert Taco
For more information and/or to register for Taco Tuesday Lunch & Learn.
Come on out to the Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School for one of my classes – while we may not be flying, we’ll definitely go first class!!!!