The rest of our D.C. trip was like a whirlwind….but I can’t resist sharing some of it with you. I won’t bore you with all the details, partly because I wouldn’t remember them all if I tried!
- A movie (The Hundred Foot Journey) at the Angelika Film Center. Although it was quite expensive – we were there on Date Night so tickets were discounted. AND, you can get a draft beer and gourmet popcorn to enjoy during the movie! The movie was really good – particularly the cinematography!
- A late dinner at Matchbox, which I would highly recommend. We had a wonderful waitress from Serbia who, after only 5 years in this country, speaks English much better than some people who have lived here their entire lives. She was a great server…..attentive, but not overly so. Friendly, but not overly so. She made good menu recommendations and was efficient. IMHO, you just can’t ask for more than that!
- Time by the pool and enjoying some of the other hotel amenities.
- Leisurely shopping in the Mosaic District.
- A glass of wine and a snack at Le Pain Quitodien with a book while I waited for Jeff to return from his meet-and-greet.
- A shared entrée at Cyclone Anaya’s – Great salsa.
- A stroll around Mosaic.
- Time by the pool with a book.
- A shared lunch at Red Apron Butchery.
- A stroll around Georgetown.
- A stroll around Bethesda.
- A wonderful dinner at Lebanese Taverna – we’ve eaten at their café in Rockville, but never at the Bethesda restaurant so this was quite a treat. We arrived at the early end of the dinner hour so we got to see the manager/owner (not sure which) doing his dining room inspection and instructing the wait staff. It was a treat and somewhat comforting – you’ve got to believe that if there are strict standards in the dining room, then there are probably strict standards in the kitchen too!
- Drive home.
- Cupcakes with Mimi & PopPop from Georgetown Cupcakes (in Bethesda, where there was no line – as opposed to Georgetown Cupcakes in Georgetown where the line was around the block).
All in all we had a wonderful time devouring D.C.! Now we have to fast until our upcoming trip to San Antonio!!!