The lunch I made today was so good that I just had to tell you about it. I woke up too late for breakfast (darn), so I didn’t get to have my oatmeal (I have been on a kick lately). So I thought to myself, “Oatmeal? I could do oatmeal for lunch, but I don’t want anything sweet.” That was like a challenge to myself….which I think I overcame quite nicely!
So I ended up making pizza style oatmeal – a great way to satisfy a pizza craving without having the crust. I also added a few healthy things that you can easily “hide” in oatmeal!
I made a regular serving of oatmeal and added:
- 1 tsp. ground flax-seed (a good source of Omega-3’s, fiber, and it helps lower cholesterol (particularly the LDL (the bad cholesterol) among other things))
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (high in protein, fiber, magnesium, calcium, and Omega-3’s)
- A healthy grind of black pepper
- A handful of grated cheddar and parmesan cheeses
- An ounce-ish of ham (that I diced) – I didn’t have pepperoni, which would have been my first choice
- 1 Tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
- A sprinkle of pepitas
- A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley
It was DELICIOUS, warm and satisfying!!! It really did taste like pizza…..AND it kept me full until about 5:00 p.m. Who could ask for anything more?